Tips for your home during a Haboob dust storm:
- Keep your windows and door shut and locked during a dust storm. Dirt and debris will find a way inside your home.
- Turn off your A/C unit or HVAC system. This will ensure that the system does not suck in dirt during the Haboob dust storm and bring it indoors.
- Keep away from windows, they can break if the winds are strong enough.
- Keep a flashlight handy just incase the power goes out.
Besides the heavy collection of dust, the effects of dust storms can linger for days, worsening our air quality and causing many people to have difficulty breathing. Replace your air filters after a large dust storm to help improve your home's air quality and remove debris out of your air.
- Pull off ot the side of the road
- Turn off your vehicle
- Set your emergency brake
- Take your foot off the brake
- Turn off all lights
- Remain with your seatbelt buckled