Spice up your summer grilling with our sriracha glazed jalapeno grilled shrimp recipe!
Looking for a new and fun BBQ recipe to try? Our sriracha glazed jalapeno grilled shrimp is a sure fire way to spice up your next backyard BBQ. Not only is it delicious but it's a breeze to make too! Below is everything you need to know!
What you need.
- A clean BBQ grill
- Grill tongs and basting brush
- 1/4 stick of butter (or margarine)
- 1 Tbs of minced garlic
- 3-5 Tbs of Sriracha (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Jumbo shrimp (uncooked, peeled & deveined)
- Thickly sliced jalapeno peppers (one slice per shrimp)
Grilling Directions -
- Melt the butter in a microwavable bowl. Add the sriracha, garlic and salt to the butter and mix well.
- Preheat the grill as you prepare the shrimp.
- Place a slice of jalapeno pepper into the slit down the back of each shrimp. Use a toothpick or skewer to hold it in place if necessary.
- Lightly dip the shrimp in the glaze and place on the grill. Turn them as needed.
- Once each side of the shrimp has begun to cook, brush the rest of the sriracha glaze over your shrimp. Try to cover both sides if possible.
- Grill until the shrimp's internal temperature is 120 degrees and flesh is pearly and opaque.
- Take the shrimp off the grill and let them cool for a few minutes.
Once they have had a chance to cool off, it's time to dig in and ENJOY! For extra zest squeeze a lime over the shrimp.