Make your next backyard BBQ an eruption of awesomeness with these Loaded Baked Potato Volcanoes!
Have you ever been eating a baked potato and thought "this is good but I wonder how I could make it awesome?" Well here is your answer, the Loaded Baked Potato Volcano! This glorious creation is a potato that is wrapped with not one, but two pieces of bacon and is erupting a mixture of cheese, sour cream, and green onion! Not just that but it's easy to make too, simply follow the recipe below.
6 Large Red or Russet Potatoes
8 oz of Cream Cheese
3 Cups of Cheddar Cheese
6 tbsp of Sour Cream
1 1/4 cups of Green Onions
12 Slices of Bacon
Large Mixing Bowl
Small metal spoon/melon baller
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F
- Wash off potatoes in the sink and poke a couple holes in them so they can vent.
- Wrap all the potatoes individually in tin foil and place them in the oven for 20min or until they begin to soften.
- While they cook, mix together the cream cheese, green onions (saving a little for garnish) and 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them rest until they are cool enough to touch.
- After taking off the tin foil cut the ends off the potato so that it can stand up.
- Using a melon baller or a small spoon, carve out the center of the potato. (Be careful not to make the walls or bottom too thin.)
- Preheat the grill to about 350˚F
- Pack each potato completly and epically full of the cheese mixture.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around the potato and keep them in place with toothpicks.
- Place potatoes over indirect heat on the grill for 30 minutes with the lid closed.
- Top the potatoes with the remaining cheddar cheese and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Using your tongs, take the potatoes off the grill and place on a serving tray/plate.
- Garnish with a tablespoon of sour cream per potato and some green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
That's all there is to it! Try it out and impress everyone at your next BBQ!