Throw your turkey on the grill this Thanksgiving!
Ever wonder how you could make Thanksgiving even better? Well the answer is grilling, that's how! Rather than putting your turkey in the oven this put it on the grill, after all ovens are really just for pies and sides.
Grilling your turkey is incredibly easy to do. Just follow the directions below and you will be on your way to an EPIC Thanksgiving feast!
- 12 lbs Whole Turkey (Make sure it has been thawed out)
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp of your favorite seasoning (I recommend Italian or lemon pepper)
Get to Grilling:
- Clean off your grill grates and set the heat to medium-high.
- Rinse off the turkey.
- Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place & return legs to tucked position.
- Brush the turkey lightly with olive oil and then season well.
- Place the turkey, breast side up, in a large roasting pan.
- Place the pan on the grill and then close the cover.
- Grill for 2 to 3 hours or until the inner thigh temps out to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
- Take off of the grill and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Set the table, give thanks and then DIG IN AND ENJOY!