DIY Cinnamon Carpet Shakers -All you need is a few ingredients and you can make your own inexpensive carpet powder.
- Jar with a lid
- i.e. Parmesan cheese shaker, empty spice jar, or a mason jar
- 2 cups Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon Spice
- Phillips Head Screwdriver or Ice Pick
- Once you have found your shaker, you will need to poke holes through the lid if yours doesn't already have them. To do this I used a hammer and phillips head screwdriver.
- Next combine your ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle freely over the carpet and let it sit for about 10 - 20mins.
- Next thoroughly vacuum your little heart out and smell the yummy goodness.
Don’t use ground cinnamon if you have a lighter colored carpet and you're worried about potential staining. You can use cinnamon or clove essential oil instead if you still want to incorporate their scent into your carpet powder