Can coconut oil help you with your day to day chores around the house? The answer is yes!
Here are a few healthy home tips and ideas on how you can use coconut oil!
Personal Health and Upkeep-
- Lotion- You can use coconut oil all by itself as a lotion. Rather than buying body lotions full of chemicals just scoop some coconut oil into your hand and apply it to the area you need.
- Hair Conditioner- For a natural conditioner in the shower, rub a small amount of coconut oil into your hair after you rinse out the shampoo. Let it sit for about 30 seconds then thoroughly rinse your hair out. This should give your hair the perfect amount of shine and volume.
- Toothpaste- To make a remarkable homemade natural toothpaste mix together the following ingredients: 6 tbsp of coconut oil, 6 tbsp of baking soda, 25 drops of your favorite essential oil (I recommend peppermint), and 1 tsp of stevia. Mix all these ingredients together in a reusable container. When done mixing dip your toothbrush bristles in and brush away.
- Cooking- Coconut oil is great for cooking. It has a lower fat contentent than most other cooking oils which makes perfect for frying pans and greasing BBQ grates.
- Burn/Cut Treatment- It is said by many that if you apply coconut oil to cuts and burns they will heal much faster. This has not been proven by medical science but there are plenty of person testimonies that back this theory up.
- Stain remover- Mix coconut oil and baking soda together for a stain remover you can use on upholstery, clothes and carpets. Put the mixture directly on the stain and let sit for a few minutes, then simply wipe the stain away.
- Odor eliminator- Add some coconut oil to a simmer pot with favorite essential oils to add a fresh island sent to.
- Wood Furniture Polish- Mix 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil, 4 tbsp of distilled white vinegar and 2 tsp of lemon juice in a spray bottle. Shake the mixture up well and spray onto the furniture of choice. Wipe the mixture off with a clean rag and look at your furniture shine!
- Shower Cleaner- Avoid using harsh chemical cleaners. Instead mix together coconut oil with a little baking soda and vinegar. Put the mixture on an old rag and use it to scrub your shower clean.
- Leather/Shoe Polish- First look at the item you wish to polish to determine the amount of coconut oil you need. For shoes I recommend roughly half a tablespoon per shoe. Put the oil on the item, and using a cloth or paper towel rub the coconut oil all over. Continue doing this until you cannot see the coconut oil and have reached your desired level of shine.