Say goodbye to baking your pizza in the oven!Try the fun, creative and delicious option of cooking your pizza on the grill instead! It is a lot easier to do then you think. Not only that but grilling your pizza will give it that authentic old school pizza look and delectable taste! This is because the best pizza is typically made in brick pizza ovens that reach temperatures your kitchen oven can't match but that your grill can. Now the key to being successful at grilling your pizza is making sure you're organized prior to it. You will need to have your ingredients and equipment ready at a moment's notice... You don't want to leave your pizza burning on the grill as you rummage through cabinets looking for a spatula. Once you organized You can begin the grilling process.
Below is everything you need to know to grill your pizza.
- 1 ball of pizza dough (about a pound)
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- Enough cheese to cover the pizza (typically about 2 cups)
- Olive oil (this can be substituted for coconut oil if you choose)
- Toppings of your choice (ie: meat and veggie)
- Preheat grill on high till it reaches 550-600 degrees fahrenheit.
- Roll out dough into a thin circle using your rolling pin.
- Brush one side of the dough with olive oil then lay that side down on your grill grates.
- Brush the top of the dough with olive oil and let the dough cook for about 3 minutes with grill uncovered.
- Lift the dough occasionally using your tongs to check its progress. Grill marks are what you want but the dough should not be burnt or flaky.
- After the 3 minutes are up gently flip the dough over so that the uncooked side is now on the grates.
- Quickly top your pizza. Spread the pizza sauce in a thin layer over the dough. Then top the dough with your cheese and other toppings of your choice. Do not overload the pizza or it will not cook right!
- Cover the grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Keep an eye on the pizza to make sure that it does not get burnt. If you think you smell it burning lower the heat.
- After the 3 to 5 minutes uncover the grill and place the pizza on a pizza tray to cool. The crust should be a golden brown and the cheese should be completely melted.
- Once cooled cut it into slices and ENJOY!
If your grill needs a good thorough cleaning check out bbq.joefilter.com!